Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Semana 66 - Octubre 2015




Semana 66 - Octubre 2015
Taco Count for the Week:  10
Total Taco Count:  648.50
Days Remaining:  43

Well it is OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL...
I am in the first day of last transfer of my mission.
¡¡¡QUE LOCO!!!

I am also happy to let you know that I will be finishing my mission with Hermana Castillo=)
Prayer answered.



I am SO excited to see what happens this next transfer.
We have found some incredible people who are so ready for the gospel.
One of them is Romel=)
He is 30 years old.
We were looking for his mom and we got there and he came out with 
a smile on his face.
We shook hands and he let us right in=)
He put out the chairs and left to go buy tomales for us...
It´s always a good sign when they offer food. Haha=)

He asked us why we hadn´t passed by sooner.
We were a little confused.
He told us that about 3 years ago there were two Elders 
that were teaching him.
They told him he had to stop drinking alcohol, using drugs, 
and drinking coffee before he could be baptized.
The elders stopped visiting him... but Romel didn´t stop changing his life.

In the past 3 years he has stopped using drugs stopped drinking alcohol 
and even stopped drinking coffee.
We got there and he explained he "didn´t meet the requirements" 
to be baptized before.
But that now he was ready=)
He has been praying the the missionaries would stop by his house so that he could be baptized and start a better life.
The day we arrived was the day his prayer was answered.

We also have a family that is planning their wedding and once they are married they are ready to be baptized=)

One of my favorite people here in San Jose finally made the 
decision to be baptized!!
We have been working with her SO much!
We were finally at the point that we were going to drop her and stop visiting.
The day we went to tell her she surprised us and said, 
"I´ve been meaning to call you because you should know 
that I am ready to be baptized! 
This Saturday!"
And that´s exactly what happened=)



Her baptism was beautiful=)
and she was beyond happy.
The happiest I have ever seen her!!

I had to share this picture!
This is one of the pioneers of Mexico!!
She is so crazy faithful in the church=)
Every Sunday we eat lunch with her and after we finish...
we take out our scriptures and all read together.

We talk about "doctrina profunda" and she shares her thoughts.
She is going to Mexico to be sealed to her husband this week=)
He died many years ago but she is excited to have her Eternal Family.

I have attached a couple of pictures from the zone!
I seriously love it here!



In the beginning being here was really hard...
But I love seeing that a little hard work and sacrifice really does 
have its reward=)

I love how I am changing and growing!
I wish I could explain more in these letters the spiritual experiences 
that happen every week...
EVERY DAY!
But the time is too short.
I feel like Nephi in 2 Nephi 33:1

con mucho amor,
Hermana Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment