Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Semana 68 - Octubre 2015





Semana 68 - Octubre 2015
Taco Count for the Week:  12
Total Taco Count:  660.50
Days Remaining:  36

This week was a little crazy but it has been great=)
We just got back from waterfall exploring!
It was about 102 degrees so we baked a little...

It still BAFFLES me how crazy hot it is!
We are in the middle of October and we still get home 
drenched in sweat every day.
But everyone says it should start to cool down now.

The first few days this week we weren´t even in our area.
The first day we went with a couple to finish the papers they need 
to get MARRIED=)
Then the next day we spent the whole day with the other Sisters.
One sister is opening the area and training at the same time.
We cleaned their house...(long over-due)
and then went to the airport to pick up the new sister.
Our week started on Thursday.
It made this week fly by much faster than I would have liked.

Romel is doing just amazing=)
We had the most spiritual lesson with him.
He wanted to learn more about baptism=)
We taught him about that and also talked about repentance.
At the very end I remember feeling the spirit SO strong...
I honestly don't remember what I said to him.
But, I could see the look in his eyes as the spirit touched his heart.
I know it wasn´t me that was talking.
I walked away from the lesson thinking, "Wow!"  
That´s something I am really going to miss.
Being an instrument in the Lords hands and seeing that what you 
are doing is helping others in the things that are 
really important in this life.

We have also been visiting the husband of a recent convert.
In the beginning he wanted NOTHING to do with the missionaries.
He opened up with us this week=)
He told us he WILL be baptized.
He thanked us for helping him come to that conclusion.
He told us it probably wouldn´t be soon.
He explained his situation and we told him not to worry about it.
I, too, could feel in that moment the leader that he will be in the church.
He is taking his time.
But, I have also learned to trust in the Lord's time frame.

We also had a great day yesterday=)
There is a Sister here that is getting old... She is blind.
It´s sad because her family just leaves her locked in the house
home all alone!!

She gets so excited she crries when we come to visit her=)
She explains the things that she liked to do when she could still see...
She explained how she made the best sopes in all of the Baja!

She told us that if we came to help her that she would teach us!!=)
So yesterday we went and had helped her and ate her famous SOPES=)=)

She is so sweet=)

I also want to share just how amazing hermana Castillo is!!
We love being together!
It almost makes me laugh because despite the fact that we are ALWAYS together...
We never get sick of it.
Every night when we write in our journals we always ask
"Are you gonna write here or in the room"
So that we can be together.
We even wash the dishes together! haha
I am going to have a hard saying bye to her...

I have loved my companions so much =)
Each and every one of them has a special place in my heart=)

Oh and I also took this picture so that you won´t worry if I am eating or not.
This is what one of our comidas looked like.

ALL THAT FOOD FOR TWO PEOPLE!!

I kind of thought it was a joke.
She put down one plate...
Then kept coming back with more and more and more!!

If you can´t see in the picture there is one plate with fried chicken salad and fries.
Another plate FULL of vegetables with cream and cheese.
a bowl overflowing with Arroz con Leche (rice pudding) with a whole banana sliced on top.
then a plate with two slices of cake.

I am almost embarrassed to admit it... 
But we ate it all
HOW?!
I have NO idea.
But I left a little plumper=)

Gotta run=)
Sending all my love=)

Hermana Robinson

1 comment:

  1. Have loved reading and seeing all the pictures! Cant wait to see you. Ps. I took a pic of Maddie on a swing today, must have had the same thought :-) xoxo Alex.

    ReplyDelete