Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Semana 70 - Noviembre 2015




Semana 70 - Noviembre 2015
Taco Count for the Week:  6
Total Taco Count:  666.50
Days Remaining:  21

(Editor's Note:  Paige is heartbroken to have lost her camera 
along with all the pictures of her mission that she didn't send home. 
 As a result, for the few remaining weeks the pictures will be sparse 
but the memories will be plentiful.)



WOW another week come and gone...
I think this week flew by faster than any other week in my entire mission!

But it was definitely a great week=)

Thursday I went up to La Paz for a Leadership Conference with President!
His conferences are always SO powerful.
I got to see a lot of friends from the mission too=)



At the end of the conference he invited all of the missionaries that will be finishing their missions to share the "last testimony."
My heart sank the moment the words left his mouth.

A few Elders shared their testimony and then it was my turn.
I honestly can´t describe what I felt.
It´s a whirlwind of emotions...
But more than anything I am just so happy that I came.
 It´s as simple as that.
My testimony really has grown so much!
And I love the person that the mission has helped me become=)

Earlier this week we had a lesson that I will never forget.
 It was one of the most spiritual and loving moments I have had.
It was with a family here that I have a special connection with.
The lesson was going well then it fell when all the family started getting there.
We said the closing prayer and invited the oldest brother to say it.
He had never talked with us before...
But the moment he got there he reminded me so much of brother, Alec.

We taught him how to pray and the whole family joined us
(there were about 13 of us).

The prayer was kind of irreverent and people were laughing.
But he said a great prayer. =)

But it was what happened after.
The spirit came out of nowhere.
Within two seconds every single one of us were in tears.
There wasn´t a single person there that couldn´t feel it.

I shared a personal experience with them and invited them to call the rest 
of the family.
To tell everyone to come over!
So that they could say family prayer.

They all nodded their heads and agreed it was something they needed to do.
In fact, it was something they had never done.
That night they had everyone come over.
They all knelt.
And they said their first family prayer.

The next day as they shared their experience about how they felt,
I began thinking about the little things in the gospel.
Like family prayer, scripture study, going to church and much more.

That sometimes we see it as a hassle and don´t feel the need 
or the desire to do it.
But seeing so many families that don´t even know that these blessings exist.
That are completely unaware of how easy it is 
to feel comfort from our Lord, 
just by saying a prayer.
It has helped me feel grateful for the simple truths we have in the gospel.

We should trust in the promised blessings the Lord gives us 
for living 
and loving 
His gospel.

It made me miss my family and the opportunity to say family prayer 
with them again.

So I invite all of you to do whatever you can to get the family together and to say your family prayer=)
Read your scriptures together!
And enjoy the little blessings=)

Love you all=)
Hermana Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment